Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wiener Dog Resolution

I think.

After work last night I went out with some co-teachers.  One of them had recently tried to move into my building and learned they have a firm No Animal policy.  She has two dogs herself so she was unable to move in.  Yet they told me to just ignore the letter. This isn’t ok. 

I’m not the type of person that intentionally breaks the rules.  I’m not the person that orders water at a self-serve restaurant to then get tea or diet soda.  I’m also not the person that opts to use the automated ticket machine at the movie theater so I can take advantage of the senior discount.  And I most certainly am not the type of person that lives in a building knowing they are blatantly against having pets on the premises.  Especially not in foreign countries. I am not ok with this.

I emailed my recruiter again last night.  I couldn’t help it.  I can’t just ignore a notice like that.

Her office contacted my director again, who in turn contacted the building management.  Apparently someone complained about Charles and that he was running off-leash in the hallways.  I can assure you that has never happened.  I still think he just spooked the delivery guy. Either way, I am told that we are ok to stay as long as I follow basic rules.

1. No barking.

2. Always on a leash when in public areas of the building.

3. I have to hold him in public areas as well.

Duh.

I think I’m ok now.  I really just wanted management approval.  I don’t think that’s too much ask.

I think I will get my director a small present from Charles and I.  I hate to be such a pain but this is important. 

And I want to go hiking this weekend because it’s probably the last really pretty Autumn weekend.  Now I just have to find someone to show me where to go…

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are better.

    I have used the automated machine at the movies to get a senior discount. But only because the line is long and I'd get a cast member discount anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's forgivable I think. You aren't taking a discount % that you aren't rightfully entitled too.

    You're a rule follower too, that's why your my friend :)

    ReplyDelete