Monday, March 7, 2011

“Korean Lessons” & Sushi

So I dropped out of Korean class. A few weeks ago.  It just wasn’t really working for me.  The class was structured for people who want to learn the Korean language in all it’s entirety.  I want to learn survival Korean.  How to get from here to there.  How to order is restaurants.  How to count to ten.

A small group of us have decided to continue to have our own study group on Saturdays.  Needless to say, the studying thus far has been, well, less than productive.

This week we had sushi and cupcakes.

012

Emily, Maggie, and myself.  I look like a completely different person I think. An albino person with good hair…

008

Sushi… The ketchup/honey mustard/green sauce mess is surprisingly delicious!

009

Tempura…Shrimp, carrots, onions, and parsley…so good.

 

013

The neighborhood’s newest cupcake shop. I had to try it.

008

Even though I really don’t know what that means…

014

Emily really liked the forks!

015

Earl Gray cupcake.  The icing was awesome. The cupcake was a little bit of a disappointment.

 

017

Then somehow I ended up bowling. Emily did way better than me. 

019

And Nadia, Tricia, and Lee Ann were there! 

And we didn’t study at all.  I think it’s Rosetta Stone time.

5 comments:

  1. I tried to comment and blogspot ate it.

    I bet the cupcake quote makes more sense in the original Korean.

    I'm glad you're having so much fun! All that in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Amy! I can't wait to see you....and eat cupcakes in Korea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we have been productive. We used Korean to order, didn't we? And I used almost all the Korean I knew in the taxi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cupcake looked really good. :)
    Yeah, the class just isn't that great or fun for those of us who want to learn survival Korean. :/

    ReplyDelete