Monday, April 16, 2012

Catching up….

I’ve been a terrible blogger so here is my attempt to catch everything up… I plan to write blogs for most of these in the very near future.

New Furniture

I got new furniture for my apartment right after I got home from my trip to America.  By *got new furniture* I mean that it was the product of a dumpster dive.  That’s how things are done around here.  I upgraded to a black leather (pleather) couch and chair. The pleather peels a bit but it’s pretty, I think.  Definite upgrade.

IMG_0042

Steak Day – Korea Steak Day Part Deux, February 14, 2012

Steak Night

Steak Day is a very important tradition that I just don’t have the time to explain right now.  Feel free to educate yourself on the holiday from my past blog, The Revival of Steak Day.

Oh, and I got to show off my gorgeous new coat. 

coat

New Dog

I adopted a new dog for those that missed that blog.  He’s adorable and him and Charlie have become fast friends. It’s fun to watch them learn from one another.  I’ll write another blog about that soon.  It’s been about 2 months since I brought Messi home so we’re a little more settled in now.

DSCN2934DSCN2849

Yes that’s the same dog.  I now have two burrowers.  He’s adorable.

Rock Climbing

I have a new hobby.  I love it!  It’s crazy hard though.  Well, no, climbing up a wall is fairly easy.  Climbing up a wall the correct way is crazy hard.  I was going regularly a few times a week but fell out of the habit for a few weeks.  (It’s been a rocky month!)

DSCN2685DSCN2686

Temple Stay

Did a Temple Stay about a month and a half ago.  I’ve been meaning to write a blog about it but just haven’t gotten around to it. It was a really good weekend.  The program was more focused on the traditions and culture of the Buddhist life versus education about Buddhism. It was a really neat experience.  I might do another one before I leave Korea for good.

414877_10150585670150671_520675670_9644887_550154073_o

We are all looking pretty rough in this picture.  Two days, no showers, and repeatedly running up and down mountains.  It was definitely not what we expected (in the most wonderful way), it just didn’t leave us 100% photogenic.

After the Temple Stay, we had the option to go play with pottery.  Turns out, I’m terrible at making ceramics.  Horrible, actually.  But here is the beautiful vase that I made. 

DSCN2945

Yep.  I totally made that.  Totally. (Did that sound believable?)

I will, hopefully this week, complete my blogs about the Temple Stay.  It was a wonderful weekend and I would like to share that with everyone at home.

New Friends

New friends rock.  Especially feisty girls from Wales.  Love them!

Strawberry Festival

I went to this festival last year and it was a little less than exciting.  The company was wonderful, but the festival was pretty small. This year, a friend that I met on the airplane here (and haven’t seen her since!!) came down and we met at the festival.  We stuffed our faces with strawberries, chocolate covered strawberries, and strawberry milk.  If you are going to stuff your face fruit is the best way to do it, right?  Fabulousness!

DSCN2874

On our way back, we visited a mountain near Daejeon, Daedunsan, to see the cloud bridge.  One of CNN’s 50 Most Beautiful Things In Korea.  It was breathtaking.

DSCN2915

Making Plans For Year Three

Anyone who’s traveled abroad knows that your future plans pretty much change every day.  At this moment in time, I am planning on a third and final year in Korea for 2013. My current contract comes up in November so I’m wanting to go home for a month or so and then come back for a final year in a new city.  I’m looking towards the islands but time will tell.  There are a lot of logistics to work out with this plan.  Moving my belongings and my two animals to a remote island location is not a feat that I take lightly.  Good news is that I have the next 7 months to figure that out.

 

I’ll try to be more diligent in my blogging from now on.  I did really well my first few months here but fell out of the routine.  I’m working on it. I promise.

~Amy Kate

1 comment: