Thursday, February 9, 2012

Never Say Never…

I never thought I’d live in a place where the sight of snow flurries dancing in the air (in negative temperatures) would make me smile.

I never thought I’d live in a place where a 2am stroll with Charles (in the aforementioned snow flurries) would include a stop by the local barbeque restaurant to pick up a late night galbi (beef) dinner for the wiener dog.

I never thought I’d live in a place where my most perfect wiener dog would get that same delicious freshly cooked galbi dinner 7 nights a week.

…a place where a 2am walk through a sleeping neon-lit downtown with snow flurries all around could be some calming and peaceful.

…a place where I have made fantastic friends from a handful of continents.  Some of those friends include the owners of the local convenience store, galbi restaurant, and flower shop.

…a place where I enjoy my job, respect my co-workers, adore my friends, and laugh more than I ever have before.  (And if you know me, that says a lot.)

…a place that while I know it isn’t a forever home, I can’t stomach the thought of leaving it just quite yet.

Never say never.

Desktop

1 comment:

  1. See...if you love the cold this much you can totally handle Chicago! :)

    ReplyDelete