Ok, I have no idea what a “meme” is (and I’m not completely sure it’s a real word) but apparently this is it. It’s “borrowed” from my friend Matthew, who got it from someone else and blahblahblah. I actually really like these and miss them since no one’s on MySpace anymore.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Let’s focus on the positive, shall we?
I got my passport. I moved to the other side of the planet. I started a blog. I actually have kept up with my blog. (I am most surprised of that one.) I got a teaching job. I have taught little Korean children to speak English. I took a taxi, bus, subway and a train. Sometimes all in the same day. I have climbed a mountain, well, part of it. I sold almost everything I own. And I have no stress.
I have plans for many more “firsts” next year.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t believe in New Year’s. Or resolutions. However, this year I have decided to make one. But it’s more like a life resolution, not so much a New Year’s.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but my sister Tina is due in a few weeks. I am so excited for her and her husband!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Hester the Ninja Hedgehog, died. We had a proper burial for him. It was really sad.
5. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
6. What countries did you visit?
South Korea! Even though I’m living here, not visiting. 2011 will have some visiting countries.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 10. Because it was the worst day of my life.
But also, October 15. The day I landed in South Korea. Hooray for new beginnings!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting myself and my animal to Korea with no hiccups.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
You’ll have to be more specific.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Allison, Matthew, Elizabeth and Lisa for being such amazing support to me. I am sorry I was such a train wreck for you this year. I promise 2011 will be better!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills. That’s kind of a given though. Now my money is going to bills but also savings. And clothes, and food, and travel, and fresh flowers, and all the fun things. That’s a nice change of pace.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Heartbreak Warfare - John Mayer and Unforgiven - The Go-Go’s
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
Happier. By leaps and bounds. I’m in a good place.
ii. thinner or fatter?
Thinner, but by no effort of my own. It’s the Korean diet.
iii. richer or poorer?
It’s a process, but I’m definitely better off financially then I was last year.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
writing. It might have helped.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I don’t think I have an answer to that.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas is over, but it was a quiet one in SoKo. I spent the day with Marisol and Skyped with my mom. We also ran around town getting strangers to say Merry Christmas for our video. That was fun!
21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21. I’ll make up my own question because I like to hear myself talk. Why are you so awesome?
I didn’t write that question… but in response it - I can’t help it. I’m the most awesome person you will ever meet.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
23. How many one-night stands?
I don't do those.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Two and a Half Men. It makes me smile.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. The list is still the same as it was this time last year. I could take this opportunity to go on about my theory that hate is not a bad thing, but instead it’s an important emotion just like love. I won’t. But I could…
26. What was the best book you read?
I read a lot this year. Like, a lot, a lot. Eat, Pray, Love still comes out on top.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I’m not sure this is really what it means, but I just discovered that I can download unlimited music in Korea for free and I consider that the greatest musical discovery of all time. Korea has no copyright laws so it’s completely 100% legal. (I have a very strict policy against illegally downloading music.) I’ve been downloading tv and movies for two months now, but it just occurred to me about 48 hours ago that music would also fit in that category. Duh.
28. What did you want and get?
Serenity. Thank you, Korea.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don’t think I saw many movies this year so I would say Social Network. That movie was way awesome. And I might have been the only one that walked away thinking that Mark Zuckerburg rocks. If I hadn’t read Eat, Pray, Love then I could probably say that was my favorite but in comparison to the book, the movie was terrible. Stand-alone it was probably pretty good.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I made people come to my birthday dinner at Café TuTu Tango and celebrate me and my awesomeness. Oh, and I turned 29.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don’t know that I could pick just one thing. Maybe being able to leave Orlando sooner than October. Like in January. That would have been nice.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
The same as it has been every year since my birth.
34. What kept you sane?
Sane is a relative term. But my friends and my job get credit for keeping me mostly sane.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Britney Spears. Duh.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Sarah Palin. She needs to be sent away. Far, far away. With all the other people that are a debit to society.
37. Who did you miss?
Everyone at home in the States. I miss you all greatly… So you should come to visit!
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Everyone in South Korea!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
“When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” Maya Angelou
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“The hardest part of ending is starting again.” Linkin Park - Waiting for the End.